A lengthy, contentious courtroom battle is rarely in the best interests of people getting a divorce. Besides being costly, traditional courtroom litigation can be extremely stressful and emotional for everyone involved — including children.
Fortunately, there is a better way. Mediation is an alternative dispute resolution option that has worked for countless people in Massachusetts. However, mediation is not appropriate or effective in all cases. To determine if mediation is right for you, contact The Law Office of Merril S. Chin, in Peabody, we offer mediation services to individuals facing:
Mediation is a desirable dispute resolution option for many reasons. In general:
• Mediation is less costly than litigation.
• Mediation takes less time than other dispute resolution options such as litigation.
• Mediation is less adversarial and conflictive than traditional courtroom litigation.
• Mediation encourages cooperation and working together to solve a legal matter.
• Mediation encourages parties to come up with a mutually beneficial resolution.
At The Law Office of Merril S. Chin, we can advise and educate you prior to and during the mediation process. In this situation, the client uses a mediator outside and separate from The Law Office of Merril S. Chin and one of our attorneys, educates you prior to your first mediation session, and/or continues to advise you through the mediation process. We also review your written agreement at the conclusion of mediation.
If you have concerns about your upcoming divorce — if you are worried about getting through the child custody process — you should consider mediation. It has helped thousands of people avoid contentious legal battles, and it can work for you too.
Please call our law office at 978-777-1212.