Paternity - Law Offices of Merril S. Chin, Family Law, Peabody MA
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-745,bridge-core-1.0.5,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,qode_grid_1300,footer_responsive_adv,qode-content-sidebar-responsive,qode-theme-ver-18.1,qode-theme-bridge,disabled_footer_bottom,qode_header_in_grid,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.0.2,vc_responsive

Paternity Attorneys

Are you the parent of a child whose other parent isn’t your spouse? A mother or a father can file either a Complaint to Establish Paternity or a Complaint about Custody, Visitation or Support. These actions formalize each parent’s rights to a relationship with the child and establish child support and health insurance orders.

At the Peabody, Massachusetts, Law Office of Merril S. Chin, we have handled hundreds of paternity actions for mothers and fathers. We can represent you in negotiations and court hearings regarding issues such as:

• establishing a father’s legal relationship with his child, including paternity testing
• establishing a father’s or a mother’s legal responsibility to pay child support and maintain health insurance for the child
• establishing legal and physical custody, as well as parenting plans

Providing Legal Counsel At Every Step In The Paternity Process

At The Law Office of Merril S. Chin, we can provide legal assistance for any paternity-related issue.

• Is the father or mother of your child unwilling to assume parental responsibilities, such as paying child support? We can pursue a judge’s order for a mandatory paternity test and thereafter obtain a child support and health insurance order.
• Do you have questions regarding how to have your name added to or removed from a birth certificate?
• Are you a father or a mother who is being denied the right to see your child?

If you are facing any of these issues, we can provide knowledgeable assistance. To learn more about our firm and your rights regarding paternity, contact our Peabody paternity lawyers.